1. After getting his ring, Philadelphia Eagles QB Carson Wentz proposed to his girlfriend, Madie Oberg and now she has a ring too. More here.
2. Teen Mom star Tyler Baltierra shared a tearful message with his followers about his mental health struggles. More here.
3. Uma Thurman shared footage from Kill Bill in which a car accident stunt went very wrong. She now has permanent damage to her neck and knees. Director Quentin Tarantino is facing backlash, but Diane Krueger has stood up for him. More here.
i post this clip to memorialize it’s full exposure in the nyt by Maureen Dowd. the circumstances of this event were negligent to the point of criminality. i do not believe though with malicious intent. Quentin Tarantino, was deeply regretful and remains remorseful about this sorry event, and gave me the footage years later so i could expose it and let it see the light of day, regardless of it most likely being an event for which justice will never be possible. he also did so with full knowledge it could cause him personal harm, and i am proud of him for doing the right thing and for his courage. THE COVER UP after the fact is UNFORGIVABLE. for this i hold Lawrence Bender, E. Bennett Walsh, and the notorious Harvey Weinstein solely responsible. they lied, destroyed evidence, and continue to lie about the permanent harm they caused and then chose to suppress. the cover up did have malicious intent, and shame on these three for all eternity. CAA never sent anyone to Mexico. i hope they look after other clients more respectfully if they in fact want to do the job for which they take money with any decency.
In light of the recent allegations made by Uma Thurman against Harvey Weinstein and her terrifying work experience on “Kill Bill”, my name has been mentioned in numerous articles in regards to the choking scene in “Inglourious Basterds”. This is an important moment in time and my heart goes out to Uma and anyone who has ever been the victim of sexual assault and abuse. I stand with you. For the record however, I would like to say that my work experience with Quentin Tarantino was pure joy. He treated me with utter respect and never abused his power or forced me to do anything I wasn’t comfortable with. With love, D xoxo
4. Lindsay Lohan is really trying to recapture her glory days and I have to giver her credit. She even re-enacted her eight favorite Mean Girls quotes.
5. Deadpool 2 comes out May 18 and they’ve already released a few fun trailers, one of which mimicked Bob Ross painting; so, naturally the movie poster mimics Flashdance.
DEADPOOL 2. pic.twitter.com/fGLnoZ54qs
— Complex Pop Culture (@ComplexPop) February 6, 2018
6. New England Tight End Rob Gronkowski called 911 after returning form Minneapolis because his house got robbed. Despite his career, he still lives with two roomies and oddly enough their rooms got raided, but his was the only room that was locked. The phone call here.
“911, line’s recorded, what’s your emergency?”
“Hello, this isn’t an emergency. This is just Rob Gronkowski calling. While I was gone, my whole house got robbed, uh, while on the Super Bowl trip. I just got back.” https://t.co/D66xzQiBfX
— Matt Viser (@mviser) February 6, 2018
7. Be thankful you are not an Olympic athlete or worker because over 1200 people have been hit by a Norovirus known as the “Winter Vomit Bug”. This should be an interesting Olympic Games. More here.
Olympic officials are scrambling to contain an outbreak of the norovirus that has sickened dozens of security guards https://t.co/Va7qAZjRC9
— The New York Times (@nytimes) February 7, 2018
8. Space X successfully launched towards Mars from Cape Canaveral, FL yesterday. And creator Elon Musk could not be happier. More here.
9. Looks like the Spice Girls reunion is going to be another TV talent show… Here’s to hoping they at least have new music too. More here.